To keep your heel in the heel cup of the shoe, lace your shoes to form a "lace lock" at the top of your shoe.
This will allow you to tie the shoe tightly at the top without narrowing the fit for the rest of the shoe.
- Lace up from the bottom of the next to last eyelet.
- Then lace over and down through the top eyelet on the same side to form a "bunny ear."
- Do the same for the other side.
- Now lace through the opposite "bunny ear" you formed between those two eyelets.
- Now when you tie your shoe, you can get a good tight fit at the ankle but keep it loose over the rest of the top of the foot.