Walking Training & Workouts
- How to Start Walking
- Walking Techniques
- Tutorials and Email Courses
- Walking Logs and Trackers
- Pedometer Walking
- Treadmill Walking
- Walking Fast and Racewalking
- Marathon - Half Marathon - Long Distance Walking
- What to Eat and Drink for Walking Energy
- Walking Partners and Clubs
How to Start Walking
Learn proper walking form, posture, and technique. Learn how to steadily increase your walking time to build your walking habit.
- Absolute Beginners: Preparing to Walk
- Basic Walking Technique
- Beginner's Walking Schedule
- Tracking Your Walks
- Let's Get Walking 4-Week Email Course
Learn the basics of good and bad walking technique.
- Basic Walking Technique
- 10 Walking Mistakes to Avoid
- Short Video: 5 Walking Mistakes
- Treadmill Walking Mistakes
- How to Walk Faster
Tutorials and Email Courses
Learn walking techniques online or by our free email courses.
- Let's Get Walking - Beginner's Email Course
- Walk of Life 10 Week Program - Walking and Weight Loss Email Course
- Treadmill Workouts Email Course
- Step Counters Pedometer Walking Email Course
- Half Marathon Training Email Course
- Marathon Training Email Course
- How to Racewalk
- How to Walk Faster
- How to Start Nordic Walking
- Train for Your First 5K Walk
- Train for Your First 10K Walk
Vary your walking workouts to improve fitness, speed, and endurance.
- Weekly Walking Workouts
- Maximize Your 15-Minute Walk
- Health Walking Workout
- Fat Burning Walking Workout
- Distance Walking Workout
- Aerobic Walking Workout
- Anaerobic Threshold Walking Workout
- Economy Walking Workout
- High Intensity Intervals Treadmill Workout
- Jumping Intervals Treadmill Workout
- Hill Treadmill Workout
- Dumbbell Treadmill Workout
- Upper Body Workouts
- Strength Training
Walking Logs and Trackers
Keep track of your walking workouts with online or printed walking logs and trackers, including a Google map pedometer to map and measure any route.
Tracking your walking steps with a pedometer has been shown by research studies to be an excellent motivator for fitness. Find out how to choose and use the best pedometer.
- Before You Buy a Pedometer
- Top Picks for Pedometers
- How to Set Your Pedometer
- Step Counters Pedometer Walking Program
- Should You Walk 10,000 Steps per Day?
- 10 Fun Ways Motivate Yourself with a Pedometer
- How Many Steps per Day are Enough?
- How Many Steps per Day for Children?
- 10 Things I Hate About My Pedometer
- Pedometer Step Equivalents for Other Activities
Nothing beats a treadmill for a convenient cardio workout indoors. But to get the most out of your treadmill, you need to use it rather than hang clothes on it.
- Before You Buy a Treadmill
- Treadmill Weight Loss Walking Plan
- Treadmill Walking Mistakes to Avoid
- Treadmill vs. Outside Walking
- Stop Holding Onto the Treadmill
- High Intensity Intervals on the Treadmill
- Treadmill Hill Workouts
- Treadmill Dumbbell Workout
- Jumping Intervals on the Treadmill
- Backwards on the Treadmill
- Heart Rate Controlled Workouts
Walking Fast and Racewalking
You can gain speed with your regular walking technique by using proper foot and arm motion. But if you want to start passing runners at your local run/walk events, learn the Olympic racewalking technique. You can go on to enter judged racewalking events and win medals.
Marathon - Half Marathon - Long Distance Walking
Entering a challenging distance event such as a 13.1 mile half marathon or a 26.2 mile marathon can motivate you to achieve new endurance goals. But you must take your training seriously and dedicate months to steadily increasing your distance and improving your endurance. Walking these long events can be more grueling than running them. You will need to learn proper hydration, energy snacking, and foot care to prevent blisters.
- Before You Register for a Marathon
- Marathon Training Step by Step for Walkers
- Half Marathon Training Schedule
- Half Marathon Email Training Course
- Marathon Email Training Course
- Ultramarathon Training
- Long Distance Walking
- Multi-Day Walks
- Before You Get a Blister
- Drinking Recommendations for Distance Walkers and Runners
- How Not to Train for a Marathon
Learn how to prevent and treat the most common walking injuries and problems.
- Dehydration and Hyponatremia - Drink Right or Else!
- Blister Prevention - 7 Strategies
- Heel Pain - Plantar Fasciitis
- Black Toenail
- Shin Splints
- Treating Sprains, Strains and Bruises
- Avoiding a Dog Attack
- Poison Oak, Poison Ivy and Poison Sumac
- Embarrassing Problems for Walkers
What to Eat and Drink for Walking Energy
You need fuel to keep moving. While many people walk to lose weight, you won't be able to walk as far or as fast if you don't provide your body the fluids and food energy it needs for good performance.
- Drinking Guidelines for Walkers
- Before You Buy Energy Bars and Energy Gels
- Busting the Myths About Energy Bars and Sports Drinks
Walking Partners and Clubs
A walking partner can help keep you on track and keep you faithful to your walking workouts. Walking clubs provide companionship and are a great way to meet new walking friends.