Rockport Fitness Walking Test Calculator
How fit are you?The Rockport Fitness Walking Test is one of the best tests for cardiorespiratory fitness, determined by finding your VO2max, your maximum possible oxygen consumption.
Take the Test
- You need to have a 1-mile course. For most high school tracks, that is 4 laps around the innermost lane.
- You can use the online Google Map Pedometer to measure out a 1-mile course on a street or path.
- Warm up at a gentle pace for at least 5 minutes.
- Walk 1 mile as fast as you can.
- Record your time to walk 1 mile.
- Take your heart rate immediately at the end of 1 mile. You can do this with a heart rate monitor or by taking your pulse for 15 seconds and multiplying by 4.
- Enter your data into the calculator below. The calculator determines your VO2Max and compares that to standards for your gender and age group to tell you your fitness level.
Please enter the following information:
Walking Fitness Calculators
Miles to Kilometers and Kilometers to Miles
Calorie and Distance Calculator
Pedometer Steps Calorie and Distance Calculator
Heart Rate Calculator
Body Fat Calculators
Body Mass Index Calculator
Daily Calories Calculator
40-30-30 Diet Calculator
Ideal Weight Calculator
~These calculator scripts written by Will Glessner