Pedometer Steps to Walking Calories and Distance Calculator
Use your pedometer steps to calculate distance and walking calories.
How to Estimate your Steps per Mile: Use your height to get an estimate of how many steps you walk in a mile. For better accuracy, learn how to measure you stride length and find other ways to count your typical steps per mile.
Pedometer Step Equivalents for Other Exercises: If you want to count other activities as steps, use this handy chart.
How to Buy the Right Pedometer: Many pedometers will estimate your calories. Here is how to decide what kind of pedometer or activity monitor is right for you. We have top picks for every kind, from waistband clips to fitness bands for your wrist.
Walking Fitness Calculators
- Walking Calories Calculator by Distance: Use this calculator if you know the distance you have walked and you want to calculate how many calories you have burned.
- Walking Calories and Distance Calculator: If you know how many minutes you've walked and your approximate pace in minutes per mile, you can use this calculator to estimate how many calories you have burned.
- Target Heart Rate Calculator: Are you walking in the fat-burning zone? Use this calculator to find what heart rate to target for fitness walking.
- Pace Calculator: What is your walking pace? Here is how to find out how fast you are walking. The math can be tricky, especially if you want to use kilometers vs. miles. Use this calculator.
- Calculating Body Fat: Here are ways to find your body fat percentage.
- Body Mass Index Calculator: The BMI is an indicator of whether you are overweight, normal, or obese. Find out the figure with this calculator.
- Daily Calories Calculator: How many calories do you burn per day? That's an important number to know if you want to eat less to lose weight. Use this calculator to find the number for you.
- 40-30-30 Diet Calculator: If you want to build a high protein diet, use this calculator to find out how much protein, carbohydrates and fats to aim for each day.
- Ideal Weight Calculator : What weight is right for you? Use this calculator based on height and gender.
AINSWORTH BE, Haskell WL, Whitt MC, Irwin ML, Swartz AM, Strath SJ, O'Brien WL, Bassett DR Jr, Schmitz KH, Emplaincourt PO, Jacobs DR Jr, Leon AS. "Compendium of Physical Activities: An update of activity codes and MET intensities." Med Sci Sports Exerc 2000;32 (Suppl):S498-S516.