Thanksgiving Calorie Calculator
Use the Thanksgiving calorie calculator to total your Thanksgiving feast calories and see how far you must walk in steps, miles and kilometers to walk it off. Check as many Thanksgiving dinner menu items as you wish and then see the steps and distance you must walk to walk off the calories.
If you're going to gobble, you'll want to see how far you have to trot to burn off the pumpkin pie calories.
Cooking Miles: If you're the one cooking Thanksgiving dinner, you might be getting in a lot of steps between the refrigerator, oven and table. If you wear a Fitbit or other pedometer, you can take credit for all of the cooking and hosting exercise miles.
Step it Up During the Game: Football fans who spend most of Thanksgiving watching the games need to find ways to work activity into the day to burn off calories. Use these tips to score 10,000 steps while watching a football game. That will get you part way to burning the Thanksgiving calories.
Burn Off Thanksgiving Calories with a Walk
- Enjoy a Thanksgiving Walk: Break away from the food prep and feasting to enjoy walk with your family and friends. Once the turkey is in the oven, go for a stroll around the neighborhood or at a local park. Walking together is a natural way to catch up with people you don't see often.
- Walk or run a local Turkey Trot: Use the walk finder to find a charity walk or run you can enjoy on Thanksgiving or the weekend before or after. You can pre-burn or burn off the feasting calories while having fun. Wear your best pilgrim or turkey costume to get into the spirit.
- Take a refreshing walk in the park: Find a nearby park or natural area where you can walk amidst trees and greenery. Studies have found that this helps memory and relaxation, just what you need as the holiday season swings into full gear.
- Walking and shopping Black Friday through Cyber Monday: You can log a lot of miles shopping, whether it's indoors at the mall or outdoors on a popular shopping street. Gear up so your walking is pleasant even if it means shuffling and jostling with the crowd.
- Treadmills to the rescue: Is the weather outside getting frightful? The treadmill is a delightful alternative for walking. Do your online shopping from the treadmill and avoid the crowds. If you don't have a home treadmill, it's a good time to hit the gym as they become deserted over the holidays.
Watch Your Thanksgiving Calories
- How to Eat Less and Burn More at Thanksgiving: Advice from our weight loss expert.
- Calorie Count: Find the calories in common foods, and track your diet and exercise with this app and online info.
- Calories in Thanksgiving Foods: A list from Calorie Count
- Healthy Holiday Recipes: My favorite festive recipes that are healthier and lower in calories
- Walking Calorie Calculator: Find out how many calories per mile you burn based on your weight, speed and distance walked.
- Calories Per Day Calculator: Find the base number of calories you burn per day.