May do this workout every-other day. On the days in between, do the health walk or the fat-burning walk.
Improves aerobic fitness, increasing the number and size of blood vessels in the muscles and increasing your lung power. At this intensity, 50% of your calories burned are fats, 1% are proteins and 50% are carbohydrates. The aerobic phase of your workout should be of 50 minutes or less to prevent build-up of lactic acid.
- Start at an easy pace for 5-10 minutes.
- Stop and do a stretching and flexibility routine for 5 minutes. Stretches
- Continue, walking at a pace that brings your heart rate up to 70-80% of your maximum heart rate (MHR). Heartrate Calculator
- This is a quick pace where you are breathing hard and able to speak in short sentences.
- Walk for 30-50 minutes at this pace.
- Cool down with 5-10 minutes at an easy pace.
- End with 5 minutes of gentle stretching and flexibility exercises. Stretches
Next > Threshold Walking Workout