- Strike the ground first with your heel.
- Roll through the step from heel to toe.
- Push off with your toe.
- Bring the back leg forward to strike again with the heel.
- Flexible shoes will ensure you are able to roll through the step.
- If your feet are slapping down rather than rolling through the step, your shoes are likely too stiff.
- At first, your shin muscles may tire and be sore until they are strengthened.
Next Page > Your Stride
Let's Get Walking
Subscribe to our free daily email course to get walking. Practice technique and build walking time.
Graphics (c) 2000 Ero-fit, used by permission.