• For most people, body temperature and hormone levels peak at 6 p.m. Exercising 3 hours before or after the peak will give you your best workout for both endurance and building muscle.
• Research shows lung function is best at 4 p.m. to 5 p.m.
• Muscles are warm and flexible.
• Lowest perceived exertion of the day: You can exert yourself more while feeling it less, so you may be able to workout harder or faster in the afternoon.
• Afternoon exercise can help regulate the amount of food you feel like eating for dinner.
• Stress relief after a day at work, school, or home.
• Distractions and other commitments may keep you from walking and exercising at the appointed times.