While I pooh-pooh the apocalypse, I'm a fan of sequential numbers and I love finding a way to set myself a goal for the day. So, how to celebrate the last sequential number day I'm likely to see in my lifetime, as the next one is Jan 1, 2101. Here are 12 suggestions.
- Walk briskly for 12 minutes: We should all be doing this at least three times per day -- 12-12-12.
- Log 12,000 steps for the day on your pedometer. That's do-able, It's about five miles total for me.
- Walk 12 kilometers: That's 7.4 miles, so you need a couple of hours of dedicated walking, or a very active day.
- Walk 12 miles: Almost a half marathon! No, I'm saving that for the Holiday Half this weekend.
- Climb 12 floors: My Fitbit One pedometer logs floors climbed, and I usually climb that many in a day.
- Get 12 minutes of vigorous physical activity: Pump up your walking with some more-intense intervals. Jog, walk as fast as you can, climb stairs, jump rope or do jumping jacks. My weekly Zumba class should do the trick.
- Give 12 compliments or thank-yous to people who deserve them.
- Give 12 hugs.
- Donate $12 to a worthy charity.
- Spend 12 minutes connecting with an elderly friend or family member by phone, Facebook, email or text.
- Enjoy a Christmas lights walk around a festive neighborhood.
- Put on some holiday music as you do your household chores and get an early start on the 12 Days of Christmas.
Photo © Wendy Bumgardner