Researchers tell us that it is important to keep moving throughout the day and to find ways to sneak in more steps. Whether you're working toward a goal of 10,000 steps per day or just trying to keep from being completely inactive, what is your tip for making yourself move more often throughout the day?
What a great idea
- Ok I can't add much but WOW! The simple idea of walking while talking on the phone - brilliant! I mean I'm a woman so I can multi task lol. Waiting for the microwave isn't bad either, but love the phone idea.
- —Guest Nicole
- Work doing landscaping, if u trim 9 hours a day thats abut 60000 steps a day I take. Then I go jogging 2.5 miles every other day. Do the math. Health at its finest
- —Guest Dylon
Add more steps..
- by walking while you are talking on the phone. I do a circuit from my family room, kitchen, dining room, then living room. Keeps circling until you complete your call. The steps really rack up especially if it's a long phone call! I also march in place while watching tv. You can get a really good workout watching a sitcom!
- —Guest glasgowgal
Walk the building
- Use your break time at work to walk the building. I go downstairs, walk the bottom floor, go back upstairs and walk the top floor. Ten minutes later, I'm back at my desk working.
- —Guest Rebecca
to add steps
- March in place while you wait for the microwave to heat your lunch/dinner.
- Walk to STARBUCKS when you have a break or lunch...ONLY get coffee or tea.
- —Guest Joan