What items are essential for you to wear or carry when you go for a fitness walk? What things do you have to have before you step out the door and go walking? What Do You Carry?
What I carry
- Sweat band, sunglasses, visor, water, pepper spray, phone with music on it, lip balm, stop watch. Put the sunscreen on well before you go outside!
- —Guest Mariane
Keep it light and simple
- I carry my house key, cell, license and 2 doggie biscuits for the 2 dogs on my route. They love me!
- Does anyone know where I could find a rear view mirror for walking? I find some sun glasses w/ some sort of built-in rear view but I don't want dark glasses. Answer: http://www.cycleaware.com has a couple of different solutions. One is a mirror you can attach to any pair of glasses. Another is a stick-on lens you can put on any glasses. Or, you could wear a helmet and use one of the ones that attach to a helmet.
- —Guest Emily
What to Carry
- ID, brief note of health issues, $2, credit card, cellphone, hat, water.
- —Guest AmyK
- The best out of 5 stars. This first aid kit is truly a remarkable one, it is small, neat, light weight and easy carrying. Equipped with emergency preparedness items that will suit you emergency needs. I love it and recommend it to anyone who is looking for a good international 250-piece first aid kit. The price is very reasonable as well, check it out and make your order right now before it run out of stock. Amazon, the best!!!Total Resources International 250-Piece Outdoor First Aid Kit in Red EVA Case
- —Guest HunHiXFf
- I carry pepper spray, walkie talkie, flashlight and cell phone.
- —Guest Bartholomew
what to carry?
- I wear a Road ID bracelet--got it primarily for cycling, but now wear it for all outdoor recreation. Go to RoadID.com to check it out--VERY affordable, easy, and smart idea....
- —Guest RL
As little as possible
- I drive to my favorite track so I lock my purse in the car. I carry my cell phone and 2 Kleenex in one pocket and keys and and 1 Kleenex in the other if I'm wearing my jacket. If it's warm I tuck my keys in the waistband of my leggings. That's it.
What do I always carry?
- I always carry my cell phone. It has proved invaluable when I have turned an ankle two or three miles from home.
- —Guest S Nelson
- ID tag on my shoe, cell phone, tunes, Garmin, hat, sunglasses, water bottle, sunscreen, orthotics, route plan.
Which model Garmin (or other GPS) is appropriate for walking? Map that shows trails (at least paved trails such as rails-to-trails) , logic that does not try to force your position to be on some road when you are on a trail NOT on a nearby road.
- I'm diabetic so I always carry my meter and a snack.
- —Guest April
Not carry, have along with
- Companion - safety in numbers ?
Dog - have to keep walking.
Sunglasses - even when it is gray and cloudy.
- —Guest baasbaas
All of the above....plus
- I never leave home without SprayShield. It is a citronella spray used to deter aggressive animals. I have used it on untethered aggressive dogs many times. Having it on me literally saved my 80# golden retriever's life one day when he was attacked by an untethered golden retriever only 2 blocks from home. Another time, a Rottweiler jumped from the window of a passing car to attack him. That dog's owner thanked me up and down and wanted to know what I sprayed his dog with...so he could buy some :)
I never leave home without it.
What do you carry?
- hydration pack, mp3 player, gps, walking poles, keys, cellphone and sometimes a snack for energy
- Come on people really? do you really need to take your medical records just to go walking? Music, water, cell thats it...
- —Guest kim