What excuse do you use to avoid fitness walking? Tell us your most outrageous excuse or just confess to your most common walking excuse. Share Your Excuse
my walking excuse
- My knees hurt too much today! My ankles are acting up! My feet are killing me! I already spent a lot of time walking at work, now I need to rest!
- —Guest sharon
- In the mornings, my excuse is that I'm too sleepy or tired. My afternoon excuse is that I have to cook and by the time dinner is ready, is too late.
- —Guest julia
worst walking excuse
- my worst walking excuse.......because the dogs look tired
lazy? depressed? excuses.
- It's 1:45 am here, and I feel exhilarated. Why? Because I walked tonight! There's nothing like the energy and the endorphin pouring feeling than walking. I'd stopped walking b/c I got lazy, depressed. Sitting in bed watching t-v was way easier. Then I said-that's it. I'm walking. And I have been. My husband promised me- we'd walk at least 4 times a week or more, like we used to. We try to walk after dinner-that's the best time--but-when you're out late -if you can walk late-that's good too! There aren't too many rules here. You must fit it in when you can. Keep some sneakers in your car-if you have to--walk where ever you're at, when ever you can. It DOES make you feel better! Just move! Go at your own pace. Like Nike says--Just DO it! I had to force myself to feel good! Duh! And it's free!
HAVE NOT LEFT HOUSE IN ONE YEAR
- Can not walk due to severe pain. Have fibro, osteo, bulging dics, bursitis in both hips. Sit on couch all day. Husb. shops, cooks, does laundry. I also have saad, so I only go out approx 1x/wk for either lunch w/friends or doc appts. Can not shop, due to walking, can not do stairs, only one at a time help. Wt. is 212lbs. Ht.5'5. Have aortic anny., bp under control, chol, under control, stomach prob. , ibs, and had pat's but had sx. Had sm stroke w/no effect from pat's. I know I am sitting duck for stroke or mi, please help me.
- Weighed down with family matters. Feeling so depressed and demoralized, can't get up and going.
- —Guest bbisowk
excuse is coming
- Actually i haven't got one right now but its going to happen if i don't see any results soon.Sure i feel good but want to lose some weight off my belly and its not working yet
- —Guest chris
I love walking!
- I was walking 4 miles a day. Then suddenly I developed a recurrence of sacro-iliac joint syndrome. The pain is awful! Every step is excruciating. How I miss walking. If you can walk without pain, rejoice. You don't know how lucky you are!
- —Guest Bonnie
Why I dont walk
- Its simple, I dont want to even though I need to !!!!!!!
- —Guest jen
- I might be crippled! I might have to go for painful steroid jabs to fix my plantar fasciitis! Arrgh!
- —Guest Amy
- I keep putting it off during the day and will go "soon". Then it's dark before I know it and I have to wait until the next day and swear that's the first thing I'm going to do when I wake up but something else always comes up that I can "quickly" take care of. Then another day is gone.
- —Guest Wendy
- My motivation isn't usually great enough to overcome the pain of walking. So why don't I use my recumbant bicyle? My friend Steve has a really good reason for not walking which he would rather not have. He's paraplegic.
I feel so weak
- I am so out of shape and get so tired ; my legs feel shaky. And it is too hot or cold. Maybe i'm sick and need to rest.
Exercise with bad knees
- I will be needing knee replacement. What exercises can I do for my upper body that won't hurt my knees?
- —Guest Peggy
Too busy and too cold outside
- I have walking tapes I could use but I am too busy playing my piano and other musical instuments. And I volonteer at my church almost every day.
- —Guest Ana