The Bottom Line
- Whole food/raw food energy bar with natural ingredients
- Vegan, no preservatives
- High fiber, good fats
- Great taste, a new favorite
- No coating to melt, easy to chew but non-crumbly
- Lacks many vitamins - enjoy in conjunction with a balanced diet.
- Whole food and raw food nutrition bar with natural ingredients, no preservatives.
- 380 calories per bar - you should split the bar for two portions.
- 18 grams fat - 4.5 grams saturated, from nuts, seeds, carob chips.
- 50 grams total carbohydrate, 6 grams fiber.
- Sugars are both simple and complex.
- 9 grams protein from nuts and seeds.
- Soft, non-crumbly consistency good for eating while walking, no coating to melt.
- Whole seeds and nuts and dried fruit may irritate some with sensitive digestive tracts.
- Taste is fantastic, very satisfying, a new favorite!
Guide Review - ProBar - Whole Food Energy Bar
IngredientsThe ProBar uses nut butter as its first ingredient - peanut butter or almond butter, depending on the flavor of bar. Then come 16 more whole foods, many of them raw foods, inluding raisins, sunflower seeds, flaxseeds, hemp seeds, almonds, etc. They use a variety of natural sweeteners and natural fats, but no additives or preservatives.
Nutrition FactsThe ProBar should be used as an energy bar - it is high in sugars and fats, low in protein. If used as a meal replacement or recovery bar, supplement it with a protein and vitamin source. Because of the high energy density, ProBar recommends using only half a bar at a time during exercise as an energy source.
Carbohydrates: 50 grams, with 6 grams of fiber.
Protein: 6 grams
Fat: 18 grams, with 4.5 grams saturated fat, 0 trans fat, provides omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids.
Low in vitamins.