Where to Find SAS Shoes
SAS Email Form
SAS has factory outlet stores at many outlet malls throughout the USA.
SAS Factory Outlet Stores (Google Search)
SAS Free Time Women's Walking Shoe
Best Features of the SAS Free Time
- Widths: Slim, Narrow, Medium, Wide, Wide/Wide. WWW width available in black.
- Sizes: 6-12 for slim and narrow, 4-12 for medium, 5-12 for wide and wide/wide.
- Cushioning: I rate this shoe tops for cushioning for standing and slow walking, such as when touring or shopping.
- Toe Box: SAS walking shoes have added depth in the forefoot with lots of toe room. The rounded toe box gives excellent wiggle room for toes.
- Insole: Removable insole, you can replace it with your own choice or an orthotic.
- Colors: Suitable for wearing with slacks: white, bone, mocha, teak, navy, black, and also two Nubuck styles in taupe and charcoal.
Room for Improvement
- Soles Too Smooth: The soles are pebbled but not ridged like exercise shoes. Several SAS wearers complained of slipping with them.
- Hot Feet: The shoes are not very breathable and many walkers experience hot feet with them. Sweaty feet lead to more blisters.
- Lacing System: The lacing system is fine for comfort shoes, but it is inadequate to getting a good fit when you are using them as fitness walking shoes.
SAS Time Out Men's Walking Shoe
A complaint by more than one wearer is that the sole is too smooth and lacks traction ridges, which increases risks of slips vs. a running shoe or fitness walking shoe.
- Colors: The SAS Time Out comes in white, bone, antique walnut, and black.
- Widths: Available widths are Slim, Narrow, Medium, Wide, Wide/Wide. WWW width available in black.
- Sizes: 8-15 for slim, 7-15 for narrow, 6-15 for medium, wide and wide/wide.
Comfort Shoes from SAS
SAS 'Bout Time Men's Comfort ShoeThe SAS 'Bout Time is more of a comfort shoe than an exercise walking shoe. The lacing system is shorter, although it retains the same cushioning and flexibility as the Time Out. This shoe is an excellent choice for those who do a lot of standing and slow walking on the job.
I have had one reader complaint that the shoe stretched out too much soon after purchase and so he did not get a good fit with it.