The Bottom Line
- Basics of nordic walking technique.
- Benefits of nordic walking for fitness.
- Using nordic walking poles for stretching and warmups.
- Describes the benefits of Nordic Walking to burn more calories and give a total body workout.
- Explains the features of Nordic Walking poles.
- Shows the basic Nordic Walking technique.
- Describes the basic techniques for using poles for level, uphill, and downhill Nordic Walking.
- Shows advanced techniques for jogging, running, or bounding with the poles.
- Interval training and heart rate zone workouts.
- Stretches, warmups, and calisthenics shown using the poles.
Guide Review - Nordic Walking: The Ultimate Fitness Experience
The basic Nordic Walking technique is shown. The grip-and-go technique with the hands is an important concept, as it tones the upper body without producing tension. The video shows typical mistakes that people make. I think the video is a bit light on coaching here, it is fairly brief and non-technical. That's good to inspire you into giving it a try, but may not be enough to get people into the correct technique.
Advanced Nordic Walking techniques are shown for those who want to increase their heart rate and add more variety. These include uphill, downhill, interval training, and information on heart rate zones.
Exercises including warmups, stretches, and calisthenics are shown but not described. I've found that using the poles really helps me with stability in doing stretches, especially when there is no handy wall or fence to use.
This video is good for a basic introduction to Nordic Walking. I think it could do a better job on coaching the technique, but does inspire you to want to give it a try.