The September, 2004 issue of Mayo Clinic Women's HealthSource offered these tips on when to keep exercising and when to stop:
Exercise, but proceed with caution if:
- You have sore and aching muscles.
- You have discussed your pain with your doctor and he/she has approved your continuing to exercise.
- You have swollen joints that are red and warm.
- Exercise makes your joint pain worsen.
- You have a fever.
- The pain that makes you limp or hurts when you put weight on it.
- A joint feels unstable or locks.
- The pain is worse after you exercise and it doesn't get better over time.