May be done daily, or used as a recovery day for those alternating with other walking workouts.
Builds long-term health and well-being. Medical studies have shown an association with walking 30-60 minutes daily with reduced risk of cancer, heart disease, stroke, type II diabetes, gall bladder disease. It is a also associated with increased longevity and decreased risk of hip fracture in those over 60.
Health Walk Workout
• Start at an easy pace for 5-10 minutes.
• Stop and do a stretching and flexibility routine for 5 minutes. Stretches
• Continue, walking at a pace that brings your heart rate up to 50-60% of your maximum heart rate (MHR). Heartrate Calculator
• This is a comfortable pace where you can carry on a full conversation comfortably although you may be breathing harder than usual.
• Walk for 30-60 minutes.
• End with 5 minutes of gentle stretching and flexibility exercises. Stretches
• Before You Buy a Heart Rate Monitor
Next > Fat Burning Walking Workout