The Bottom Line
Update: Sloggers has stopped making the overshoe as of the end of 2005. They now sell a waterproof shoe and boots and garden clogs.
- Fit over your favorite walking or running shoes.
- Waterproof and provides traction in rain and snow.
- Easy to take along for emergency use.
- Lightweight, durable, and waterproof.
- Comes in mens and womens sizes XS, S, M, L, XL
- Choose basic black or caution yellow color.
- Slips on over your regular shoe and closes with velcro tab.
Guide Review - Sloggers Waterproof Overshoes - Discontinued
Rainy weather brings a dilemma - do I switch to my rarely-worn waterproof hiking boots and risk getting new blisters, or do I walk in my regular shoes and just get wet feet? Now I have a third option - slip on Sloggers overshoes over my regular walking shoes for a waterproof walk. You won't win a racewalk in Sloggers, but they will make a rainy day workout a bit more pleasant. Plus, they are significantly cheaper than a pair of waterproof shoes, not to mention lighter than boots. Walkers caught out on the 20-mile 3-Day Breast Cancer Walk in a sleet and rain downpour blessed their foresight in bringing along Sloggers. This is a great item to keep you walking in wet and cold weather.