For those with heel pain and plantar fasciitis -- once your pain and swelling have begun to subside, perform this static stretch three times a day. Continue to use this stretch to prevent recurrence of plantar fasciitis and heel spur.
Time Required: 5 minutes
- Sit in a chair or the edge of a bed.
- Place the palm of your hand over the toes and ball of your foot.
- Keeping the leg steady, pull the foot towards you so that the bottom of the foot is stretched. Hold this for 30 to 60 seconds and release.
- Repeat five times at each session. It is recommended that you do this session three times a day.
- Alternate Method for Plantar Fascia Stretch 1: Sit with a foot on opposite knee. Grasp the foot with your opposite hand to pull it toward the knee and stretch the ball of the foot.
- Alternate Method for Plantar Fascia Stretch 2: Use a towel. Loop it around the ball of your foot and use it to pull your foot and stretch the ball of the foot.
What You Need
- Optional: towel