For those with heel pain and plantar fasciitis
-- once your pain and swelling have begun to subside, perform this static stretch three times a day. Continue to use this stretch to prevent recurrence of plantar fasciitis and heel spur.
Time Required: 5 minutes
- Sit in a chair or the edge of a bed.
- Place palm of hand over the toes and ball of foot.
- Keeping the leg steady, pull the foot towards you so that the bottom of the foot is stretched. Hold this for 30 to 60 seconds and release.
- Repeat five times at each session. Recommended to do this session three times a day.
- Alternate 1: Sit with foot on opposite knee, grasp with opposite hand to pull it towards the knee and stretch the ball of the foot.
- Alternate 2: Use a towel, loop it around the ball of the foot and use it to pull your foot and stretch the ball of the foot.
What You Need