For those with heel pain and plantar fasciitis - once your pain and swelling have begun to subside, perform this static stretch three times a day. Continue to use this stretch to prevent recurrence of plantar fasciitis and heel spur.
Time Required: 5 minutes
- Sit in a chair or the edge of a bed.
- Place your foot on a hard round or cylindrical object such as a rolling pin, rubber ball, golf ball.
- Press the foot into the bar or ball and roll the foot over the bar or ball.
- Roll for 30-60 seconds. Repeat five times.
- Chill the object for pain relief - iced rubber balls or golf balls, or use a hollow rolling pin filled with cold water.
What You Need
- Rolling pin
- Or: Rubber ball