How you hold your body is important to walking comfortably and easily. With good posture, you will be able to breathe easier and you will avoid back pain.
- Stand up straight.
- Think of being a tall and straight. Do not arch your back.
- Do not lean forward or lean back. Leaning puts strain on the back muscles.
- Eyes forward, not looking down, rather looking 20 feet ahead.
- Chin up (parallel to the ground). This reduces strain on neck and back.
- Shrug once and let your shoulders fall and relax, your shoulders slightly back.
- Suck in your stomach.
- Tuck in your behind and rotate your hip forward slightly. This will keep you from arching your back.
Next Page > 2. Walking Arm Motion
Let's Get Walking
Subscribe to our free daily email course to get walking. Practice technique and build walking time.