Nominations close at midnight Feb. 11 for our 2013 Walking Readers' Choice Awards. For our third annual awards, you can nominate shoes, pedometers, treadmills, poles, walking events and tours. Nominations were open through February 11, with voting from Feb. 19 through March 19. Winners will be announced March 27.
Nominate Your Favorite Shoes
- Nominate Fitness Walking Shoes: for walking workouts.
- Nominate Comfort Walking Shoes: For wearing all day.
- Nominate Trail Walking Shoes: for wearing on natural surfaces and for day hikes.
Nominate Pedometers, Activity Monitors and Walking Apps
- Nominate the Best Pedometer: This category is for stand=alone pedometers that you wear to track your walking steps.
- Nominate Linked Pedometer/Activity Monitor: This category is for devices that link to a computer or app to view and log your walking data.
- Nominate a Walking App: What phone app do you like best to track your walks?
Treadmills and Walking Poles
- Nominate Best Budget Treadmill $1500 or Less
- Nominate Best Home Treadmill $1500-$3000
- Nominate Best Home Treadmill Over $3000
- Nominate Best Walking Poles
- Nominate Best Walking Vacation Tour Company: To whom do you entrust your walking vacation?
- Nominate Best Walker-Friendly Half Marathon: What 13.1 mile race is walker-friendly? Should have a time limit of 3.5 hours or more.
- Nominate Best Walker-Friendly Marathon: Which 26.2 mile marathon is the most walker-friendly? Should have a time limit of 6.5 hours or more.
- Nominate Best AVA Year-Round Volkssport Walk in the USA: The AVA has over 1700 walking routes in the USA and each year we award best.
- Nominate Best Walking Publication: What magazine or newsletter do you love best for walking information?
Logo © About.com